From Amsterdam Central Station
- Metro 51 (18 minutes), under the station square, alight at Amsterdam Zuid WTC station stop
- Metro 52 (15 minutes), under the station square, alight at Amsterdam Zuid WTC station stop
- Tram 24 (35 minutes), on the station square, alight at the VU medisch centrum tram stop
From Station Amsterdam Zuid WTC
- Walking (10 minutes), leave the train platform at the Schiphol side (West: called 'VU / Parnassusweg'), go to the left (direction 'Buitenveldert'). After 300 m cross the De Boelelaan and turn right. IVM is situated in the New University building (black).
- Leave the metro platform and turn left in the main hall, cross the Gustav Mahlerplein and turn right into Claude Debussylaan; at the end turn left and cross De Boelelaan at the traffic lights; turn right and cross Buitenveldertselaan.
- Tram 5 (1 minute) at Parnassusweg, direction Amstelveen Stadshart, alight at the VU tram stop
Travellers arriving at Schiphol can take the train to Amsterdam Zuid WTC (the first stop, 6 minutes). The directions of the trains that stop at Amsterdam Zuid WTC are Almere Oostvaarders, Amersfoort Schothorst, Groningen, Enschede, Lelystad Centraal, Leeuwarden, Nijmegen, Utrecht Centraal or Venlo.
Detailed route description Schiphol Airport - IVM VU
The A-10 Amsterdam ring road can be reached from all directions. Follow the A-10 to the Zuid/Amstelveen exit S 108. Turn left at the end of the sliproad onto Amstelveenseweg; after about three hundred yards (at the VU Hospital building) turn left again onto De Boelelaan. The VU can be reached via city routes S 108 and S 109.
There is no free parking until 7 p.m. around the VU. The Campus P3 parking garage is under the New University building and can be reached via the Van der Boechorstraat. There is paid parking on the Van der Boechorststraat, on the De Boelelaan and on the Gustav Mahlerlaan (former Karel Lotsylaan), VU Amsterdam parking lot to the right of the Hospital Outpatient Clinic and at the parking garage P2 VUmc below the ACTA building (entrance Mahlerlaan 3004). The parking lot at the VU Campus square is closed for visitors. A number of parking places for the handicapped are reserved in front of the VU Amsterdam Main Building and within its grounds. There is even more parking space on the east side of Buitenveldertselaan at the junction with Willem van Weldammelaan, within 5 minutes walking distance of VU Amsterdam. For more information about parking at the VU, please visit the following website: www.parkerenbijvu.nl.