IVM is active in the field of teaching at bachelor, master and doctoral levels. IVM offers the Environment and Resource Management MSc Programme (ERM) and and the new track Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology within the MSc Ecology (starting date: September 2012). The Institute is also involved in several other masters and bachelor courses in teaching students and coaching interns. Moreover, IVM offers a PhD programme and is a member of the national SENSE Research School.
Graduate Studies Programme
In 2005, IVM launched its Graduate Studies Programme, combining Masters and PhD studies. IVM’s educational philosophy is to train students with excellent academic backgrounds to address real-life sustainability problems and to prepare them for successful careers in research or in the public, private and civil society sectors. The IVM PhD programme offers the opportunity for high-quality graduates to complete a doctorate at IVM.
- Environment and Resource Management;
- Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology;
- Advanced Spatial Analysis Techniques;
- Aquatic Ecology;
- Environmental management in river basins and coastal lowlands;
- Health Geography;
- Nature and Progress;
- MSc Ecotoxicology and Environmental Quality (MSc Ecology);
- Decision-making processes: a critical assessment of analysis tools for DMP.
- Basiscursus Milieukunde I;
- Digitale Ruimtelijke Data;
- Gezondheid en Milieu;
- Scriptie Milieubeleid;
- Toxicologie, Histologie en Pathologie (eerstejaars BSc Biomedische Wetenschappen);
- Orientatie op Onderzoek (tweedejaars BSc Biomedische Wetenschappen);
- BSc Gezondheid en Milieu (eerstejaars):
- Mens en Extern Milieu;
- Bedreiging en Bescherming.
- BSc Aarde en economie:
- Algemene vaardigheden (ALVA);
- Natuurrampen en risico’s;
- Ruimtelijke analyse;
- Studie en loopbaan.
- Amsterdam University College:
- Introduction to environmental sciences;
- Theme course Energy, Climate and Sustainability;
- Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology.
- Climate Change (Honours Programme).
An overview of all courses and programmes of the Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences is available on the website of the faculty: www.falw.vu.nl/en/students/index.asp and