Our department develops methods for the analysis of chemicals. We follow their environmental fate, test their toxicity, advise authorities, train other laboratories in measuring them, and teach young people in this highly specialized work.
Our department investigates whether and how economic growth and environmental sustainability can be reconciled. Applying a wide range of tools to advance at empirical, methodological and theoretical levels, our economists and econometrists also generate specific policy advice.
The Department of Environmental Policy Analysis is a vibrant international group of about thirty researchers, faculty members and PhD students who share an interest in analysing policies, institutions and governance mechanisms in the field of sustainable development.
- Pim Leonards appointed as Professor Environmental Bioanalytical Chemistry
- Vier FALW-onderzoekers op lijst meest geciteerde wetenschappers 2015
- Philipp Pattberg publishes Encyclopedia of Global Environmental Governance and Politics
- Oscar Widerberg on Swedish national radio discussing climate action by companies
- IVM at the UNFCCC COP21 in Paris
- Economic losses from US hurricanes consistent with an influence from climate change
- James Patterson joins IVM as Marie Curie fellow
- Protected and intact forests lost at an alarming rate around the world
- Spanish Prize for Ana Ballesteros